New City Hall

William A. Schnieder, a thrifty, practical contractor was elected Mayor in 1935 and began setting aside certain tax income to build a new city hall. His efforts were successful, and the building was completely paid for when dedicated April 5, 1952.

Mayor Schnieder continued in the office for fifteen more years before leaving the political arena after thirty two consecutive years as Belxey’s Mayor. In the years which have followed, planning for Bexley’s growth has continued the planning begun by the earliest residents.

While Belxey grows, its leaders will continue to plan for that growth to ensure Bexley will always be the most desirable of all communities.